The Most Advanced Water Cooled Sharpening system available allows you to sharpen your tools to the finest edge. T-8 maximises the precision thanks to the revolutionary fully cast housing which guarantees minimal play for the universal support. This gives you the best conditions possible to succeed with your sharpening. Tormek’s unique drive system is efficient and manages to hold a constant speed, even under full load. The Tormek Original Grindstone sharpens all qualities of steel, including HSS. The machine features a number of elaborated details, like instant locking with EzyLock, water trough with lift and a removable magnet scraper for efficient cleaning.
- Exact replication – you can sharp the tool exactly to your needs. Even complicated shapes such as fingernail turning gouges, spoon carving gouges and oval skew chisels.
- Fast sharpening- Once the shape is created, you remove only a fraction of the steel when re-sharpening, which makes it a quick job.
- Constant speed even under full load.
- No risk of overheating- there is no risk that the edge becomes overheated and loses it hardness.
- Safe and quiet – Worn steel particles are deposited into the water trough, keeping the air clean of grinding dust. No sparks are produced that can be a fire hazard in workshops with a lot of wood dust. You will also find the Tormek runs surprisingly quietly.
- Full Control- At the low speed, you have full control of the sharpening and remove no more steel than necessary. An extra benefit is that your tools last longer.
- Cleanest edges – You finish the sharpening process by honing and polishing the edge on the leather honing wheel. You get a razor sharp edge.
- Integrated sleeves for universal support in fully cast machine housing, to increase the accuracy in your sharpening.
- 7 year warranty
- Made in Sweden
- Includes: SE-77 Square Edge Jig, TT-50 Truing Tool, SP-650 Stone Grader, WM-200 AngleMaster, PA-70 Honing Compound, Owner’s Handbook & DVD & oil for Honing Wheel.
- Grindstone: Tormek Original Grindstone, Aluminium oxide, ∅250×50 mm (10″×2″) 90 rpm, torque 14.7 Nm
- Leather Honing Wheel: ∅ 220×31 mm (8 5/8″×1¼”)
- Main Shaft: Stainless steel main shaft, stone hardware and EzyLock.
- Housing: Zinc cast top and frame. Sides in ABS plastic.
- Motor: Industrial single phase, 200 W (input) 230 V, 50 Hz or 115 V, 60 Hz. Continuous duty, Maintenance free. Silent running, 54 dB. 25,000 hour life
- Warranty: 8-year warranty, 5 years + 3 years, upon registration at tormek.com *Including professional use.
There are no reviews yet.